Petervan Photoshop collage as part of study on Peter Doig Theme: Culture and Nature – Dec 2016
Happy New Year to you, your friends and your family! Hope you are doing well.
As you know, I left Innotribe/SWIFT in Nov 2016 for a long term sabbatical to create my own thing under the Petervan Productions umbrella. My ambition is to architect and create high quality feedback loops to enable immersive learning experiences and deep change.
A quick update:
- Artschool continued till the holiday break, starting again next week. We try to get under the skin of artists, and then paint an image in their style. Currently looking into Peter Doig.
- Nov/Dec 2016 was a period of getting to grips with some tools for my performance: music, image, video composition tools
- The performance “Tin Drum Is Back” is targeted for end March
- The retreat event for Sep
- The content festival for Nov
- A lot of reading and a lot of posts in the queue
“Concrete Cabin” by Peter Doig - 1992
During Jan-March 2017, the plan is to work on:
- Detailed scripting of the performance
- Build and expand the collective of leaders, visionaries, artists, craftsmen, designers and producers
Extract project plan performance per week.
I am very focused (yes, working on a 8+ hour daily schedule and a project plan). I am about one week late compared to initial plans. Being focused also means saying “no”. As you may have noticed, I have drastically dimmed my social media activities, and kindly reject any requests for consultancy, speaking engagements, etc.
I have 1-2 leads that want to work with me as their architect for immersive learning experience events. But I am not in active prospection mode.
Every request for collaboration is assessed against the objectives and priorities for 2017: the art, the performance, the retreat, the festival, and to see how far I can get with all that in one year’s time.
If there is something worth reporting, next update is for Feb 2017. Looking forward to hearing from your latest adventures as well.